School Delays and Cancellations
Winter is here and with it comes snow and ice.
A few points regarding school delays and cancellations :
- The schools will support parent/guardian decisions regarding school attendance on bad weather days.
- Please make sure students dress warmly. Students need to be prepared for the unforeseen. Closing or delaying school due to cold temperatures is rare.
- The snow day delay/cancellation process begins at 4:00 am. Local road conditions, regional weather patterns, and accident report information are gathered to make the best decision possible. School districts err on the side of caution.
- The hope is to make the school cancellation or delay decision by 5:30 am.
- Please be aware that when school is delayed, it still may be necessary to cancel school. The goal is to make this decision before 7:30 am. In response to feedback, only changes to previously-announced circumstances will be communicated in a second call.
- School cancellation or delay information will be sent via the auto call system (around 5:45 am), email listservs, broadcast through WBZ Radio, WMUR Channel 9, and WZID/WMLL/WFEA.
- Practices and other events being held on snow days will depend on multiple factors (pm weather conditions, time in the season, available resources, overall school calendar).
- Weather-related tardies are excused by the schools.
Thank you for your support.